Saturday, July 16, 2011

The flip-flopper or terrible two

Didn't they call presidential candidate John Kerry a flip-flopper because he was always changing his mind? Well that's what I have on my hands with this kid...

I got her this super cool caterpillar sprinkler and turned it on the other day and she was all..."I don't like it" and prissy. A few days later, Debs and Grumps are sprinkling their lawn with a good ole fashioned sprinkler and she decides to run through it fully dressed. Not just run through it but stick her entire face into the water and continue to walk through this thing for the next thirty minutes. Her cousins were of course thrilled and only too glad to join her in the late evening fun.



That's not the only reason I call her a flip-flopper. We drive a lot and she's always telling me what songs she likes and doesn't. She seems to hate Adele's, "Rolling in the Deep," and always says, "me don't like this song, you change it, I want new song." Sometimes I oblige and sometimes I explain the ways of the world to her and she has to suffer through it. Then Kerry told me she was in the car the other day with her rocking out to the exact same song! So sure enough, next time the song comes on, Ella says, "I like this song." One time she made me change the station like five times until we got to Journeys, "Don't stop believing," at which point she said, "this is a nice song, mommy."

I tell her that it's time to eat lunch and she screams, "NOOOOOOOOOO!" Then a second later says, "ok, I eat lunch." I tell her I'm changing her diaper and she protests, "I don't wannnnnnt it!" and a minute later she says, "ok mommy." I guess she's just trying to express herself and control what she can in her environment. Right?















Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kellie said...

I was so glad when Raegan turned three and now I am dreading two with Morgan. Good luck, you only have about 10 more months to go. :)

Teresa said...

I think its the terrible two's...we are going through the same thing over here.

Jessica said...

Keatsie's got the same virus!! HAHA! That sprinkler romp looked like so much fun!