Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Last of the Texans

I know, I know, the Texans have been gone for over a month and I'm still blogging about them. That's the last time I fall behind on my blog!
Here's a great pic of Ziggy and Otis plotting the demise of Greta! My sister's husband flew back so he could make the 19 hour drive home with his family.
My Aunt organized a barbecue at my Grandma's house on Kerry's last day so everyone could see her off.
Ella was pretty annoying that day so we just put her in the cage and went on with our party. Don't worry, we gave her some water.
I was excited to FINALLY get a descent pic of our entire immediate family because we are all together only once a year. Last year, at Ella's christening we only took one and it was blurry (the photographer will remain unnamed ;)
Imagine my annoyance when I realized that my freaking brother wasn't in the picture - he had to work that day. Oh well, maybe next year...
The girl cousins sans one who doesn't like to come to family parties.

There are two reasons that I like my sister. The first is that she has three really great kids. The second is we have a similar sense of humor. It's tradition to take dog defecating photos at my Uncle Bobby's house every year. Yeah, I can't think of any other reasons to like her.


The boys wanted Buzz to make them a set of bags to take home to Austin. If you can believe it, the game isn't popular there - which makes no sense because they have such great weather. Well, Buzz had made his brother a set three years ago and his brother never plays so he was nice enough to give the set to the boys. They were so excited!
The Cavender clan smothering the bird.
Ella took quite a liking to Uncle Michael
This is very typical of my mom...she decided to make cookies for the kids to take home the night before they leave. But Joanne doesn't just make cookies...she makes two or three different kinds and dozens and dozens of each kind. She always doubles cookie recipes because, "why go through all that work for just a few dozen cookies?" So guess how late she was up?

So that's it. No more pics from the Texans visit. Boy was I sad to see them go. I am planning a trip for October if I don't get a job by then.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ah, such a nice visit. All the kiddos are so cute! I'm gonna miss living through all the stuff you're doing!

Amanda said...

You guys had a busy summer! Ella is a button.