Sunday, September 5, 2010

Navy Pier

Every year, my parents take my sister's children to Navy Pier for the day. Normally my sister and I get out of it and lounge around the house all day but this year I wanted to bring Ella so I dragged my sister's lazy ass with. We took the train from somewhere local. Can't recall, it's been over a month...

This was Ella's first train ride. Or is it the el? I'm pretty clueless sometimes...

This shot was taken seconds before my sister tumbled onto her small ass exposing her blue panties to all of the train station. Nice move, camera girl. Instead of asking if she was okay, I set a terrible example by laughing my butt of with her three boys. I laughed so hard I almost peed.
We took a water taxi to Navy Pier.
What can you really say about this picture?

We went to Bubba Gumps to eat. Blake told my parents that he waits all year for this meal. What a suck-up! He had the coconut shrimp and wouldn't share a bite.
Next my dad took the boys on some speed dog boat ride.
Kerry's youngest, Aidan, didn't want to ride the boat so me and him caught a game of miniature golf while my mom, Kerry and Ella went to booze it up at the beer garden. Looks like Ella had one too many cosmos and decided to catch some z's.
I talked my dad into playing hot potato in front of a hundred people so we could win ride tickets. He was so embarrassed, especially when it came down to him and a kid as the final two but Papa Joe came through and won.

Ella's first Ferris Wheel Ride.
I think this pick would make a great greeting card cover or sarcastic, motivational poster. My sister has never been that great with children.
But she can take a mean photo.
Here's Aidan and I riding those swings. Kerry convinced me to go with him telling me that it wouldn't be that bad. It was worse. It was never-ending!
After rushing to catch the water-taxi, giving the stare down to some ignorant late-comers without tickets, running to the train station, and not having a clue which train to take once we got there, we ended up sitting in McDonalds for an hour while we waited for the next train. Ella stayed up and happy the whole day. We didn't get home until after midnight.
The reason my sister and I don't always like to do stuff with my mom is because when she does something, she does it. She will rock an outing from 9 am till midnight and not bat an eyelash. My sister and I like to laze around a few times a day and these outings are not conducive to that. But, we had a nice family day and we're glad we went...right Kerry?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Giving the bird from the swing is awesome. Looks like a good time.