Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year







These pics date back to August of 2011. No matter, the point is that I am blogging again. No more excuses. This is important to document Ella's life and I will make time. Here we are at a summer, New Years Eve party. Don't ask ;)








Ella isn't shy at all and kept ditching our family at this party. We don't even know these people. She joined this group of total strangers and chatted them up for a while.








Later in August, the girls spent an evening in downtown Chicago. We got a hotel room and went for a fancy dinner and out for some fun. Mandy tried to wear a shirt as a dress but we had her back and put a stop to it.








So the city was crowded, stuffy, and overpriced but we still had a blast. I've got pictures to prove it but I'm not posting them here.


Ella getting her Christmas presents done early before the Painted Penguin closed. She kinda looks like a little ax murderer here. A sweet one though. In closing, this past year has brought a ton of changes in my life and I've learned a lot about myself. Geez, as I type this I sound so cliched and lame. Forget it. Happy Freaking New Year!!!!
And all I know is as long as Ella is happy and healthy, everything else seems insignificant.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad you're back. And actually kinda love the New Years in Summer pics...awesome. I was thinking "I don't remember it being that warm last week!"

Teresa said...

Cute pictures...especially from our city outing..totally forgot about those!