Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hello again, Austin

So we arrive Wednesday night to Kerry's house around 10. I forgot to pack pajamas so Kerry gives me these adult footies to rock. This was the first flight that I had to finally admit Ella was over two and pay for her. Her free ride is over. So as soon as I'm changed, Kerry makes us play her favorite game, Just Dance. And I totally beat her ass.
Ella's drawing skills are getting to be a bit above mine. I have nothing else left to teach her in this department.
Kerry's high school bestie, Mary, is staying with her through Friday on business so Thursday night we leave the kids with Michael and go for some dinner and drinks.
We go to the Nutty Brown and they have Karaoke. One of my all time favorite songs is, Try a Little Tenderness, by Otis Redding. I drag these two up there with me and they claim to not know the song (even though it was in Pretty in Pink) and leave me for dead. And boy did I suck. But I sucked it up and tried to work the crowd till the very end. We went up a few more times and butchered a few more songs but had a blast.


Due to our antics the night before, on Friday night we decided to stay in and rent a movie.

Plus we had to leave the house at 8:30 am for Cole's basketball game.
Now Ella would barely give Kerry that time of day at this game and her friend, Doug, comes in and Ella is all up in his business. She loves men. She sat with him for the rest of the game.

Next we head over to Kerry's friend's ranch. Here are some of her many goats. They all look like Otis to me.
This is Pablo the goat dog. He has special needs so they treat him like a dog.
Goats gone wild.

Cole is modeling Ella's jacket. Kerry says he looks like he's going to the gay parade.


The goal was to "run" the sheep. If you take a few by leash, the rest are supposed to follow.

This works until they get off leash and run wild.


I was so excited to go off-roading in the Ranger.


While Ella built dirt castles, Kerry and the boys went swinging on vines. I think we are trying to recapture our youth!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Sweet PJ's..did you wear them every night while you were there ? I see Kerry has a matching blue set.