Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Clothing Massacre

The following pictures are what I came home to on Monday in the early evening. Mind you I'd been home all day prior to this and the dogs went to the park the day before for 1.5 hours and the day before that!

Ella and I slipped out around 3 and headed to downtown Dundee for a walk and a stop at the park. We stopped at Jewel on the way home to pick up some things for dinner and were home by 5:30.

I opened the door with Ella and some bags of groceries only to be knocked aside by a charging Otis. He ran out through the open garage door. Next I put Ella in the foyer and grabbed Greta's leash to take her outside. As soon as we get out there she turns into Cujo on the neighbor dog and her friend. Now she knows both of these dogs from the dog park and gets along great with them but there is something about her being on leash.

So I'm waiting for her to pee (she keeps trying to attack the two off-leash dogs) and chatting with my neighbor and his friend when I catch sight of Otis in said neighbor's garage with his head buried in the open dog food bag. Did I mention that yesterday he ate a CHOCOLATE filled croissant off the top of my oven and attempted to eat a banana peel from a DIFFERENT neighbor's house?

Well it seems the dogs (Greta) decided to empty out the two bags of goodwill clothes we had in the front foyer. I guess she wasn't quite ready to part with those sleepy pants and Buzz's old robe. You have to appreciate how the clothes are artfully strewn about ( I don't know why this is blue underlined print...)Possible suspect number one: damn red dog or Otis Van No No
Possible suspect number two: Re Greta

The story ends with me finding a giant pee spot at the bottom of the basement stairs (Greta) later in the evening and as I write this I catch a glimpse of the chewed corner of one of our couch pillows.

All in a day's work for these two show dogs.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

PS-love the Re Greta...ha ha

Kellie said...

At least Ella's good.

Amanda said...

Ditto Kellie.