Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ella's Nursery...Finally Complete!!!

Let me start this post by reminding everyone of the series of events that took place and why I am finally posting nursery pics even though Ella is 8.25 months old...

Feb 12, 2009: We order a three piece nursery set in distressed white from Babies n Beds in Hoffman Estates.

Early May 2009: Furniture arrives just in time for baby's arrival but alas, it is black!

Mid May 2009: While Buzz is on the phone with furniture guy getting more bad news, Kelly loses it in the parking lot of Buy Buy Baby and begins screaming and pounding her steering wheel.

May 20, 2009: Ella is born and has no furniture. We consider buying from a vendor in Wisconsin but we've come so far. The Wisconsin guy is more money and he sounds a little shady.

Mid June 2009: The crib and dresser arrive, but where is the armoire and conversion kit?

July 2009: Kelly learns that the furniture line, Creations, is no longer making this set. The last 12 armoires were made and supposedly one is ours.

August, September, November 2009: Buzz continues to call and be dicked around by the furniture guy. Everyone starts telling Kelly to look for a new armoire. Bob, the furniture guy promises we'll have it by Thanksgiving. We learn that he has closed the store that we bought the set from.

December 2009: Still no armoire. It is promised by New Years Eve. Kelly begins to lose hope.

January 28, 2010: Armoire and conversion kit arrive and are gorgeous! With all of the discounts that Buzz managed, we ended up paying only $1500 for all three pieces with no delivery charges or taxes. Thanks to my parents and Jeanie for each buying a piece!

So now, without further adieu, I give you... the nursery:









There are only two small things left to do. I need to find a lampshade I like for her floor lamp (or make one) and I need to hang some small, sparkly butterflies over her changing table. But aren't all rooms a work in progress?

10 comments:

JILL said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!

kerry said...

I love it, I wish I had a girl!

Jeanie said...

you put together an amazingly beautiful magical room Kelly and Ella's absolutely worth it. You must have crawled up the wall in a corner to get some of those shots! the armoire was worth waiting for, it's beautiful.

Kellie said...

I am so glad everything is complete now. The room is really cute.

Mandy said...

OMG the armoire is gorgeous!!!! Don't you just want to sit in there all the time now that it's complete?? I love it!

Sounds like we need to head to the flea market for a lamp shade! And you can help me design Addie's new room!

Laurie said...

So cute, Kel. Great job, now will you come over and finish some rooms in my house?

Teresa said...

I just love Ella's room. You did a good job, and the furniture is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous, beautiful, amazing. Wonderful job Kelly - you should be very proud.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much of a pain that was for you! It was worth the wait, though. It's gorgeous! I love it! And the pic of Ella napping in her sweet little crib is priceless.

Amanda said...

It looks great! :) Ella is so precious.