Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm 8 months old - well I was over a week ago!

So Ella is 8 months old. The golden age of discovery. This is the month that people talk about. Babies are so fun and cute at this age. And she does not disappoint. She's feeding herself now - as you can see she's really good at it. She went swimming for the first time and loved it. She also took her first vacation with friends.
Her eyes are still blue. It's pretty weird considering Buzz has green and I have brown. None of our parents have blue either. But boy are they pretty eyes.
She's getting too big for the baby bath but too bad. I am so not letting her bathe in the place where we shower and bathe the dogs.


This girl just does not like green veggies. We try to trick her by putting fruit with the greens but actually that does sound pretty gross, doesn't it?

A few weeks ago I could have sworn she was days from crawling but, nope, not yet.
She gets around by rolling to where she needs to go. She rolled right under Otis' (side note: I actually looked up the correct form of a possessive Otis and it turns out it can be Otis' or Otis's - yes, I'm crazy) favorite hiding spot.

She traveled by plane to Austin, TX for the second time in her short little life. Once again she rocked on the plane.

She claps her hands and waves at people now. She is also still a loud mouth. That girl has a voice that can carry - I have no idea where she gets that from. Weird.


She is so very interested in everything around her but especially other kids. She adored spending time with my nephews.
The poor baby had her first sickness in Austin. 102.5 fever and chest congestion. She was a trooper through it all. The poor dear fell asleep while eating dinner.

She finally sprouted a tooth! Front, bottom left. She started eating puffs. She dances to music. She cries when we leave the room. She has mad hand-eye coordination. She can pick up a pacifier, juggle it, spin it and pop it into her mouth. She's starting to have opinions like, she doesn't want to drink that bottle or she's done nursing, or don't take that phone/remote away from me.

Someone told me recently (I'm sorry that I can't remember who-was it Beth?) that every day is something new with a child this age and boy is that the truth. I can't wait to see what this next month brings.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

She is such a doll!

JILL said...

The Real Fun begins! She is such a beautiful baby. The last pic of the three of you is great, and her eyes...wow are they blue! Happy 8-months Ella!

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful- and expressive! It's like she's modeling, she does a pouty face and a smiley one, and then looks like she's ready to cause trouble.
We haven't seen you in a while, she's getting big!

Amanda said...

She is adorable! :)