Monday, April 18, 2011

Austin: Day 1 or 2 or whatever...

So I probably shouldn't tell you that Ella stayed up till midnight with no nap our first night. Or that she slept till 10 am the next day. Or that she fell/climbed out of the pack and play in the middle of the night and I found her on the floor. So I won't. We had a lazy morning at the Cavender house and Ella found the doll of her dreams. His name is Edward and he goes by "the vamp." Do you think her evil Aunt Kerry will be able to part with this childish vamp doll so that Kelly, I mean Ella, can take him home with her? Only time will tell. How could she say no to that face?
Ziggy tried to do his morning chore of making the bed while Ella and Aidan goofed off.
Later that afternoon we packed em up and headed back to Founder's Day. Joey and Michael were MIA. Michael was cleaning his boat and Joey was um, cleaning his brain.
Look, Alpacas
That's right, Alpacas.
We stopped by some Christian booth to do some free fishing and score some free prizes. Those Christians are good for something.
Cole is Ella's caretaker. You'll always find him near Ella when she's around. Aidan is usually wandering ahead paying no attention to where his family is. That is until he needs money for a game.
Where's Blake? Oh he's 13 now and he couldn't even wait to walk up to the fest with us let alone hang out with us. Before this photo was taken I saw him waiting in line at the ferris wheel with a group of 5 chicks.
This is where Texas gets a little disturbing. Well that's not really true, Texas gets disturbing way before here but this was especially disturbing...

See that giant, murky, man-made pond? And those fishing poles? Yep, they're real, with real live earthworm bait. Guess what's in there? Catfish, and lots of em. So the point is to catch and release but these poor catfish bastards are caught and released over and over again for the whole weekend. Come on Texas, I thought we were close to Austin! Aren't there a bunch of tree-huggers in Austin?

Fried pickles and ranch sauce. One of the few vegetarian menu choices.
By this point Ella has had it!

So I'm not going to tell you that Ella's diaper was so wet and there was no good place to change it and I was worried about her rash that I just took it off and let her free ball it. What I will tell you is that it was Kerry's idea ;) And yep, that's ice-cream dripping down her chin.
We get home and as we're walking up to the house Ella is chanting, "Michael, Michael." She has always loved him and we can't figure out why. LOL It bothers the shit out of Barbie so we all love it.

Here's Aidan with his spoils. Let's just say the carni-folk knew this kid and his wallet by name.
When I went to wake Ella from her nap, this is where I found her. Oops.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Its always good times for the Refvik's in Texas!! Loved the post and pics and commentary!

Teresa said...

Seriously you have to drop a lot of dough to win the BIG stuffed animals..those kids are so damm lucky!! I can not believe that Ella is climbing out of the pack n play too!!! I am so jealous that it looks HOT there while I listen to the wind and rain try and blow my house down in Chicago!! Bring some warm weather HOME!

Kellie said...

I love the stories you tell while you are visiting your sister. Ella is looking so big, tell the peanut to stop growing. Have fun!