Friday, April 22, 2011

Austin: Glass bottomed boats

Here's where I found the slug bugs yesterday morning. Kerry let the kids take off school so we could go to Sea World but that didn't pan out for us.
Possible modeling career? Maybe if she didn't growl noooooo all the time!



Since Sea World didn't work out, we headed over to the Texas State Aquarena where we boarded a glass-bottomed boat and took a tour of the San Marcos river and Spring Lake.










Yes, that's my 13 year old nephew with Erkle glasses. He is for real. It seems this a popular look for middle-schoolers these days and since it's the first I don't understand I now know that I'm officially old!

I have to call out camera girl here because she has totally lost interest in taking pictures. I've had to take most of the photos on this trip which is fine because I enjoy it but it worries me. I may have to revoke her "camera girl" magnet that I bought for her.

The boys are so great with Ella and she calls them, they boys. She wakes up and says, "go downstairs and get boys." It's great that they have these visits but sad that they can't grow up around each other. As I'm typing this, Ella is saying, "come on Aidan, we go swimming." They read her bedtime stories every night and watch with interest as I get her ready for bed. They are always sweet and patient with her.








No comments: