Monday, April 18, 2011

Flight of the Ellabee

So I'm pretty sure this is Ella's sixth trip to Austin, TX to visit my sister's family. No, it's her 7th cuz she went with my parents. This is probably her last free flight because she'll be turning 2 next month. Believe me, I'd try to milk the fact that she's itty bitty and lie and get another free flight but with my sister coming for a month in July, there's really no need to go back for awhile. Grandpa was working and met us right after we got through security - great timing, thanks for your help ;). He is always proud to carry his little granddaughter through the airport and show her off to his pals.
Here's one of his better-looking pals, Steve, who my sister happens to have a huge crush on. So we took this pic (notice my finger) and I texted it to her. If Steve was going to choose a sister, he would choose me because he loves Ella, plus I'm younger.
The flight was PACKED with only like 5 open seats. Well with my dad's help we were able to get a whole 3 person row to ourselves in the back of the plane. And we got free snacks for the baby (which I totally ate! I did give her the raisins cuz who the heck likes raisins?). Ella was a rock star as usual and watched Bambi for almost the whole flight. She did grace me with a poop, really a shart, that I had to change during the flight but I forgave her.


So we survived the flight but almost died on the way home cuz my sister was reading a text message!!! Now I have to call her Barbie-ass out cuz she is an Oprah fan and Oprah has warned the crap out of us about how dangerous that is. Add to that the fact that she has MS and her balance isn't the best, plus she's easily distracted and you have a recipe for disaster!
Upon landing around 6, we had to drop off our bags and head to Dripping Springs Founder's Day - a festival/carnival/cook-off type thing and didn't leave there till after 11. This poor kid had no nap but she survived till around 10 after stuffing herself with barbecued ribs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so much fun to see and Ella for sure is having a great time. The boys are darling and Cole sure is a great watch over guy for Ella. I'll look forward to seeing them in the summer. That was a long post ... loved it.