Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Ella!

Ella Jae Refvik, aka, the bird, the golden jerk, tweets, pirate girl, ellabee, tweety-bird, babs, and Ls turned two today! It's hard to put into words how I feel about this kid. I hope that all parents feel this way about their children. This kid is the bees knees. She brightens everyday and continues to amaze everyone around her.
I have high hopes for her and I don't just mean career-wise. She's really something special and I hope she keeps her sweet little personality as she grows.
When Ella wakes up after her dad leaves, she opens her door and says, "Good morning, Mommy." Then she comes and gives me a kiss. She is excited to do everything and up until recently (the no's have begun) when you'd ask her a question she'd respond with, "okay." But typing that word doesn't do it justice. The magic is in her delivery. She stretches syllables and says things like, "we go take a baaaaaath or I want craaaaaaayons. She is so smart and can count to ten and "read" books. One of her favorite activities is arranging all the furniture and characters in her doll house, taking them out, and doing it again and again. A few weeks back when I sneezed, she said, "bless you mommy."
She loves hats, headbands, purses, bags, sunglasses and anything she can put on herself. One of her favorite toys is still her stroller which she currently drives a pig around the house in. She doesn't take much interest in Greta but boy does she LOVE Otis. She often sits by him and pets him and tells him, "good boy Otis, or I love you, Otis."
She loves sleepovers with her grandparents and is lucky that they ask for her often. Her diet still mainly consists of fruit, oatmeal, yogurt and cheese. Oh and pizza and nuggets! This kid is stubborn about food but her doctor says not to worry. And yes people, she's finally allowed to indulge in the occasional sweet. I just don't offer them or keep them around but when she sees them and asks, she gets em. I spend a lot of time hiding from her while I scarf down ice cream or cookies ;)
She is okay with hugging and kissing but she doesn't like to be touched that much. When I try to rub her back or pat her hand when she's laying down she moves my hand out of the way. Some say that is how I was but I think they're crazy!
I have to run because we're headed to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner but I don't feel I've done her justice in this post. In summary, she is a rock star and I feel so lucky/blessed whatever you want to call it that I get to be her mommy.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That was very sweet! What a lucky mommy and dot! Happy birthday Ella we hope to see you again soon!

Teresa said...

Adorable pictures! Happy Birthday Ella!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday Cutie Pie!

Mandy said...

Happy Bday sweet little Ella! We love you!

Unknown said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Beautiful Ella! We miss you! What a kid you have become. (Love the hat...kinda looks like mine in Key West LOL)