Sunday, May 1, 2011

Escape from Alcatraz - or at least her crib

Boy does time fly. About a month ago, I opened Ella's bedroom door after a nap to find her standing there on the other side. I said, "oh my gosh, you got out of your crib?" She said, "oh."
I thought it was a fluke but she kept getting out over and over again. Her crib turns into a toddler bed, but of course the piece was missing so until the part comes in, she's got a mattress on the floor. She actually loves it.
When Joey was painting the tree on her bedroom wall, he signed the wall behind her crib - where you couldn't see. Not anymore!

During nap time, I check on her periodically and sometimes find her across the room reading a book. When she sees me she always covers her face and crawls back to her bed. She must think she becomes invisible or something?




5 comments:

Michelle said...

She is so adorable, was Otis suppose to be napping too?
On to the next stage, coming out of the crib to me was sort of sad, they were no longer babies.

JILL said...

OMG! What a big girl!!! Cannot believe it. She looks so independent in her new little bed!!!

Kellie said...

Cute little stinker!

Teresa said...

OMG can't believe she is out of the crib already! What a big girl!!!

Jeanie said...

KELLY you're the best..definitely missed your calling..never too late. Your comments are spectacular and so, so funny. AND TRUE! Ella is for sure her own person and by the way where the heck was my cupcake..they were beautiful and yes ofcourse I need that cupcake. Good job but look at the material you're working with. yayayayayaya