Friday, July 16, 2010

The boys are back in town

Cheesy title but it works...
So on Monday, June 28th, after a ton of miles, one drugged dog, one breakdown, and one dry town, my sister, her children, her dog and my dad arrived in Chicago. They come every summer and stay with my parents for at least a month. It is so hard to be away from them all year but I so look forward to this month every year. Buzz and my friends don't love it because I basically disappear for the entire time. Since I was laid off and my dad works for the airlines, I've been able to get to Austin three times since last summer so Ella is very familiar with her cousins. In fact, she adores them!

And they adore her.
Here is Ella's twin, Blake. She'll be lucky if she continues to look like him. We knew the kids would get along but the dogs were another story. Ziggy is a bit of an aggressive, bully of a dog so I was worried that he might hurt Otis or Greta ;)
Totally kidding -- I was actually afraid that Otis and Greta would tear Ziggy apart. We introduced them at the dog park with a squirt gun in hand and they've been getting along famously. So this is the reason my blogging has been slacking. More to come...

No comments: