Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hand, Foot, Mouth, Oh My!

So a few weeks back - the 4th of July weekend to be exact, Ella came down with a fever on a Friday night as we were headed to a wedding. Grandma Jeanie took good care of her but the next day she still wasn't right so while I was at work, Buzz took her to the doctor. They saw one sore in her mouth and with the fever said she probably had hand/foot/mouth disease. It's a fairly common, contagious infection that kids get. It's spread by saliva and you know how these little ones like to share shit - and by shit I don't mean actual shit, but pacifiers, toys, sippy cups...

So instead of going to Rocky and Jill's 4th of July party, Ella and I hung out at my parent's house with my three nephews. We had a great time and the next day Ella woke up fever free with no sore in her mouth. So I think her first major illness was a fluke. But how cute is she when she's sick?

3 comments:

JILL said...

So cute and so loved by her grandpa! We did miss you girls, though:)

Samantha Scimeca said...

ugh...Joey had that, it was awful...104 fever for 4 days!!!

Mandy said...

OMG, that bottom right pic is the best.