Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Austin or the fall of the perfect child...

Last night me and Ella, Ella and I or whatever the hell it is got dropped off at the airport around 6 pm for an 8 pm flight. Getting through security was a breeze except for when they put the stroller thru the xray machine, somebody was pissed. So we spent the next two hours walking around, chatting with strangers and eating McDonalds. About ten minutes before boarding, the gate agent took Ella's stroller and she FAREAKED out!!! I mean she was screaming and crying and tossing her body on the floor and just when I was able to distract her she would start all over again. You know all the people were just hating me and praying I wasn't getting on their flight. I wasn't too stressed cuz what the hell could I do anyway? That could be the Zoloft talking though... So we get on the plane and she immediately turns back into her sweet self. We sit down and have a row to ourselves on account that there's only 15 people on the entire flight. Of course I'm sitting across from some dude who wants to use my phone and then chat for the next 15 minutes. Long story short, we sat our asses on the runway for over two hours waiting to be de-iced. I had a DVD player that I was afraid to take out because it would need to be stowed before take-off. The flight attendants told me to let Ella walk around so she walked up and down the aisles, chatting with everyone on the plane. We landed at almost 1 in the morning. We get back to the house around 2 am and Kerry, Joe and me are chatting and I look over and Ella is puking. Projectile puking. I've never seen this. She only threw up once in her crib. She's standing there and the puke is being launched out of her sweet little face over and over again. I'm screaming, "she's puking, what do we do? How do we catch it?" Kerry and Joey are just laughing. If you look close, you can see the puke on the floor...
The next day Ella sleeps until like 11 and still doesn't want to get up. We drag her butt to a quick lunch and the grocery store only to turn around because she's burping weird and looks miserable. No fever though.

So what's a concerned mom to do? Go for a motorcycle ride around the block while Uncle Joe watches the baby. These are Cole and Aidan's Xmas presents - mini motorcycles and man are they a blast! We even picked the kids up from school with these. The jackasses of the neighborhood.
We got Ella to come out and enjoy the fresh air for a bit but that didn't last too long.




When we got home from the grocery store, Ella was pissed that we forgot her bananas. Seriously though, this kid is inconsolable and I don't know what to do. No fever but she is so pissed. Doesn't want to eat, talk, play or even look at me. She's resting peacefully now. As I'm typing this, my brother points out that the Texas Longhorns symbol looks like a vagina. And he's right. It's strange how similar me and my siblings are.
Here's the plan for tonight...
  • Yoga in five with Kerry and Joey (my brother is staying the week)
  • Kinects Dancing with the kids later
  • Then to the gym for treadmills and eliptical machines
  • Then to the couch for Wednesday night tv and eating our asses off due to all the exercise

3 comments:

Anna said...

I am laughing so hard I'm crying. Legit crying.
Can we please be real friends when you get home? We've exchanged Christmas cards for pete's sake.
I'm getting you number from Mandy. The End.

Kellie said...

She might be sick, but Ella still looks adorable. Have a good time in Texas.

Teresa said...

Wow I am so glad we hung out with Ella the day before!!! At least she was not sucking on my toys spreading germs.Hhahaha totally kidding. Poor Ella I hope she feels better. BTW those motorcycles ROCK!!!! DId you really head to the gym to ride the treadmill on your vaca???