Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Exotic Resort Zoo

Friday was pretty uneventful. Kerry, Michael, Ella and I went to lunch. She continued to be sick and not herself.
During Ella's nap, Kerry, Aidan and I took the motorcycles out for another spin. Earlier that day, Kerry was complaining to Joey because he was riding one and fell over. She was telling him how he could ruin the bikes. Well guess who's words came back to bite her in the ass? She fell off and was laughing so hard that some pee came out.
We made poor Aidan ride the old motorcycle that's super slow while we took off ahead. We're such jerks.
Here's the blender that Kerry bought at the grocery store...for fifteen bucks...I told her that a fifteen dollar grocery store blender is probably not a great idea and she replied, "All I wanna do is make smoothies." Well what do you think people typically make with blenders? Well guess what broke after two uses? Kerry thinks that I willed it to break but that's just crazy ;)
I have to give my sister props for being a great cook. She is always very accommodating to the vegetarian and comes up with some delicious meals. But I also have to call her out...I was chopping up garlic for this dish and Kerry went to the door to buy 8 more boxes of girl scout cookies. She comes back and picks up all my garlic with her bare hands and I scream, "you handled money!!! That's the germiest stuff out there!" I guess I'm more like my mother than I realize.
On Saturday after Cole's basketball game, we head to the Exotic Resort Zoo in Johnson City. I'd like to say a few words about moms at basketball games. It's nice that you're interested in your kid's sports and I appreciate you cheering and stuff but when you start calling out traveling and fouls you've crossed the line. Or how bout when you're telling your kid to steal the ball? Listen ladies, there are coaches and refs for that kind of stuff. Unless you wanna coach, you should just cheer on the sidelines! While waiting for the tram ride, we hung out with the goats at the petting zoo.

My sister is such a copy-cat!


So here's the deal. You buy these giant buckets of animal feed and you ride on this open tram. The animals follow you and even stick their giant heads in the tram to get to your delicious food. Did you ever have a bison try to kiss you?
Do you see that tongue? I had nightmares about that tongue...
Ella was still a little sick but she loved all the animals.
Kerry's kids had no fear.
Twins?
After the ride we took our leftover feed back to the petting zoo where we got to hang out with baby goats so fresh that they still had umbilical cords and the afterbirth was still laying around. Cole is so sweet and gentle with the animals. He carried around that baby goat forever.
This brought me back to my days of breastfeeding.
We all loved this goat because he reminded us of Otis.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Looks like fun. Your braids are awesome..are you going for the farmer girl look?