Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Day at Grandma Kane's House

Around 2:00, we headed to my late Grandma's house for one last Christmas there before the house is sold. That's where Christmas day has been for like 40 years (maybe longer). Every year on Christmas, my Uncles' friend, Kevin, stops by to visit. He's been doing this for as long as I can remember. I've had a crush on him since I was like 7 (hey, I liked older dudes!) and I made the mistake of telling my uncles this recently. I take a lot of photos and my Uncle Tommy kept saying, "Hey Kelly, why don't you get another photo of Kevin." I wanted to die! He's the one on the right by the way.
Most of the cousins...
My Grandparents' five living children. Boy did that sound depressing or was it just me? Joey, Tommy, Johnny, Margie and Jimmy
The "adults"
Here's my Uncle Johnny ridiculing my daughter. We have this joke where we call Ella the golden child and act like she's the most important thing in the world (not really a joke ;)) He pretends to be jealous of the attention she receives. When my Grandma was in the home, the family kept a journal where we'd all write when we visited to say how she was doing and how she ate and all. I'd write things like, when Grandma saw Ella, not only did she eat but she did a lap around her bed. And he'd retort back.
I guess my new signature pose looks silly when no one else is doing it too.

I did LOTS of baking this year.
Once again, the golden child was spoiled.
Some jerk who remains nameless, gave Ella a COOKIE! I'm that crazy - my kid doesn't get any cookies - mom and so this nameless cousin LOVED rubbing it in and pointed it out to everyone who walked by! Just wait, I got your number...
Then it was back to Jeanie's house at 5:30 for dinner. What a busy few days!

2 comments:

kerry said...

Give the kid cookies. This craziness will back fire on you some day. Don't ya know we are creatures that always want what we can't have.

Kellie said...

Thank god, I am all about making the kids eat healthy, but come on. Is one cookie going to kill her? Did she get to eat the whole thing???