Monday, October 13, 2008

It's official!

We had our first ultrasound appointment on Friday, October 10th. We were both really nervous to say the least. The second I stuck that giant thing inside me the ultrasound lady said, "There's your baby." I guess it didn't seem real until then. I love this picture because she described it as the baby holding a balloon (it's actually the yolk - whatever that is).
We planned to tell our parents that night and tried to schedule something with them under the farce of bringing wedding pictures over. My dad was working overtime and Buzz's mom wasn't free. So we told my parents that night and were to tell Buzz's mom and dad Saturday. Jeanie was busy Saturday too so now we are going to tell her tonight. We are so excited to see her reaction. This will be her and Dan's first grandchild.
My dad said that the real miracle is that my sister didn't tell them I was pregnant. We have our next ultrasound on November 8th. This is where we'll hear the heartbeat.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Yeah!!!!!! I am just SO excited.

Jessica said...

CONGRATS AGAIN! I can't wait to read your cynicals views on pregnancy for the next 9 months!

I like the new template!

Anonymous said...

You are quick with the scaning of ultrasounds!!! I am so happy for you!!! Like Jess I like the new template...we just need to work on turning the slide show!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys I am so excited for the two of you!

Amanda said...

Okay....

#1: I didn't know you had a blog, let alone TWO?!?! WTF!?!

#2: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

#3: Are you finding out if it's a boy or girl???

Amanda D. said...

OMG: I agree with Amanda...I did not know you had a blog and OMG...I am exstatic about the great news...I had NO idea. We are so excited and happy! This is WONDERFUL news Kelly.

Hugs and Kisses,
The DiMaria's