Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Yucks

Warning:
I have no picture to post. I am about to complain. I've got the pregnancy yucks. It just came on about a week ago. Dull constant headache, generally nauseous feeling, diarrhea, fatigue, crabby...People tell me this will go away in the second trimester but I feel like I won't make it there. I'm being dramatic but it sucks. I have to be pretty on with my kids all day and I feel like a pile of poop. Also, I'm craving chicken and hot dogs like nobody's business. Today while getting my hair done I could smell chicken strips coming from the back of the salon. I actually thought for a second, if I ate those, no one would have to know.

I have started going back and reading some old blog entries from my friends and I am happy to see that Jess Campbell felt pretty crummy in the beginning too. Thank god for blogs. There, that feels better!

On a lighter note, I'm craving mainly fruits. This is highly unusual because I have the sweet tooth of a chunky kid at Halloween.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but everyone is right you will feel better once you hit that 2nd trimester. Good luck your almost there.

Jessica said...

I wonder if you'll cave like Pheobe on Friends. Didn't she eat some meat at one point?

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly I feel for you..I hope you feel better soon! I have been having constant headaches too!

Mandy said...

I LOVED fruit while I was pregnant...at least it's good for you and baby!

Amanda D. said...

You'll feel like Superwoman in the second trimester...you'll have tons of energy and all that other stuff should go away. :)

Unknown said...

Hang in there. Being sick to your stomach sucks. Try ginger candy- I think they sell it at whole foods- anything ginger actually- it's kinda soothing.

Amanda said...

I craved fruit, too. It's a girl. :)

Samantha Scimeca said...

Oh Kelly.... I STILL have the chronic headache! Went to bed with one, and woke up with one.... I feel ya, AND I CRAVE HOT DOGS TOO!!! I make Joe go to Big Sammies on randall... I like the number one with a rootbeer, everything on it and DON'T forget the celery salt! mmm.... oh and are you teaching now? I remember you were going back to school....

Anna said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so ick =( On a random side note, I'm in pharmaceuticals and my company makes a Prenatal with DHA... if you're taking one, does your prenatal have DHA? It supposedly can help with some of the first trimester ickiness...
Thanks for the info... Titan has those +dog mole with hair/whisker" things too, so we're pretty sure that's not what it is... the Vet just thinks it's probably a weird allergy thing so he's taking Benadryl and an antibiotic. We shall see if that clears it up.
Thanks again! Sorry I'm so random =)

JILL said...

Not fun. It's true though-you will feel better soon. I craved hot dogs & fruit too. Give your baby a little meat.))

Kelly said...

Wow, thanks for all the moral support. I have felt better since I wrote that entry. It worked. Jill: I will not be eating meat!!!

Judie said...

My sister was nauseous for most of her second pregnancy--she swore by Reed's ginger ale (sweetened with fruit juice). You can get it at Fruitful Yield, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's probably has it...it's AWESOME stuff!

Hang in there! :)

Sherryaw73 said...

I was sick for the second and third months of my pregnancy. 24 hours a day except if I didn't eat for a few hours, but then I was starving. I never felt so hungry as I did then, but I didn't want to feel sick either. I felt like it would last forever. I was so worried that even after Brian was born I'd still be nauseous. I think aunt Char said she was sick all of her pregnancy. I hope yours goes away soon. It's a horrible feeling. Good luck and have some fake hotdogs.