Sunday, January 25, 2009

Almost 23 weeks and we have movement!

I prefer to blog with pictures and all but I figured I could update on what is happening with Ella.

  • I am sure that I've felt movement. The first few times you wonder, is it gas or digestion but it's been happening consistently so I'm pretty sure it's Ella in there. It happens mainly in the evening when I'm chillin' on the couch, I mean cleaning the house...I can't wait for Buzz to be able to feel it too.

  • I am obsessed with the book, "Baby Bargains." Thanks to Mandy for lending it to me. I re-read the chapters on furniture, carseats and strollers trying to make sense of it all. I mean, what's the deal with all the different sized car seats and stroller configurations???


  • I finally ordered the baby bedding and it should be here in 8 weeks. I LOVE it.

  • I think I've hit the fugly stage of pregnancy. Up until now I've thought that I've looked pretty normal but the last few days I am looking mighty fugly. We'll see if this lasts...

  • Buzz asked me the other day if I think that Ella will want to go to the movies with him when she is 16. What a sweet question. We agreed that unless she is Kristen Ferengul, she will not.

  • Buzz is pressuring me to let him move the furniture out of the baby's room but I am reluctant to let go. I'm trying to convince him to move the bed into the basement so we can still lay down with the dogs. You know, it could be like another couch down there.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Hooray for feeling movement! Just wait until Buzz can SEE her moving in there! ;)

You have to get one of the snap n go strollers. Best thing I didn't register for. :)

Mandy said...

Movement is so awesome! You don't look fugly, you look great. Let go of the extra bed. Your dogs are going to take a back seat for a while - just accept it!

Anonymous said...

Cracking up about Kristin, so true that's why we love her.

Teresa said...

Movement is the best part, probably the only thing you will miss about being PG once its over.

I love the bedding! Also you know my thoughs on the bed for the dogs...maybe you should move it now ....you have to get used to not sleeping next to them sometime. Or just keep bugging Buzz to let them onto your bed.

Jessica said...

The movement is really cool! Its like a little secret between you and Ella.

I can't wait to see your bedding. I love all the fabrics you picked out!

Bed in the basement? Seriously?

Samantha Scimeca said...

Kelly! Get rid of the bed! my little ones got used to their "own room" very quickly, and they actually enjoy it. We happened to have an "extra closet" I know... I hate clutter, anyway, we converted it into a "dogroom" and they LOVE it! DON'T put the bed in the basement! :-) Oh,the fabrics are BEAUTIFUL!

Unknown said...

I totally thought it was gas at first, too.
I say get the bed out of there- um, I dunno about putting it in the basement. Kinda makes me think of an episode of cops.
Buzz's question was really cute.

NyLa said...

Didn't you hear that when you're pregnant with girls they take all of your beauty that's why you feel Fugly. And bOYS MAke you more beautiful. I can testify to that!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of being pregnant was movement!! Yeah! The dogs will get used to all the changes, Nina and Winnie love their new space- the basement- they have a whole floor to themselves! Otis and Gretta will be fine!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I spelled Greta's name wrong above...!

Kristy said...

I don't believe it is about the dogs getting used to anything . . . it's Kelly's reluctance to change, and her wonderful ability to enjoy the lovely, simple moments we have. The bed means a lot--move it! You may change your mind later. But for now, move the bed. That's my vote!!