Thursday, January 15, 2009

Austin, here we come.

One of the joys of being a teacher is the occasional snow day, or in this case, cold-a$$ weather day. This came in handy because I am completely unprepared for Austin. We are flying out tomorrow at 8 am but we're sleeping at my parent's house tonight. We are visiting the Texans below. We haven't been there since last January. Otis will stay with my parents and Greta will stay with Buzz's mom. Let me inform you all that the weekend temp there will be in the 60's.

While there, my sister and I will as usual try to convince Buzz to move there. We will show him beautiful homes for great prices and discuss the perks like year-round golf, dog-friendly city, great music and food, no freaking snow...Not to mention my parents are dying to move there but are reluctant due to the new baby girl on the way.
Buzz will as always inform us that he will not be leaving his family and friends and I will ponder leaving him (just kidding).

Last night, Buzz tried to balance a cucumber slice (rind side up) on the nose of Otis. He was not successful but I got this great shot.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Enjoy the warm weather!!!

Mandy said...

wow, you don't love us either huh? have fun jerk.

Amanda said...

Have a great time & get warm! :) I'm seriously not understanding why we left Georgia right now...

Unknown said...

Have a good trip!

Jessica said...

Enjoy your trip - try to pick up some new friends while you're there!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!