Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr.'s prediction comes true

Today Barack Obama was sworn in becoming our nation's first African-American president. He promises to bring change to a country that needs it now more than ever. I am so proud that Ella will be born in this historical year. I hope that by the time she is able to vote that it will not be unusual to see a president of any race or sex. I heard on the radio that Martin Luther King Jr. predicted a "Negro" president within 40 years. This was in 1964.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

It is pretty amazing, however, I check your blog to find more important things, such as belly shots or funny stories. Your starting to let me down....

Teresa said...

Thanks for the update...I had no idea this was going on.....Yes we Can!

Unknown said...

It was pretty cool to watch, but I agree with Mandy, I'd rather read something about your bun in the oven or dogs... stuff I can't get on primetime- not to say you aren't entertaining enough for primetime.

Kelly said...

Listen jerks (Mandy & Jessica S.): If you would have read the entry more carefully you would have seen that this post was about Ella and her future and my hopes for her. Duh! In fact, I think this whole week will be dedicated to non-baby posts. So there. I have a life beyond this belly and I will write about what I want on MY blog! Was that dramatic enough for you???

Mandy said...

Wow, you're hormonal huh? Post whatever you want, but your readers are dropping like flies in the meantime jerk...

NyLa said...

Kelly, write whatever you want! I find it quite interesting! Our kids are so lucky to grow up in a world thats color blind! Your newphews are so adorable:)

Kristy said...

I agree, Kelly! Hope for our future--Hope for Ella's future. Concerns start to shift, huh?