Monday, April 20, 2009

35 Week appointment, scare and pics

Today was my 35 week appointment. That's right folks, only 5 more weeks to go. For the last two days my back has been killing me. I also feel like Ella has turned into an alien. I'm getting tons of major movement and body-parts poking out. I was up and down the stairs last night putting her clothes in her closet and I was totally winded. I mentioned these things to the doctor and right away she requested that I get undressed.




Undressed? But this was not expected...





I woke up late. I haven't shaved - in a few days. My feet smell from being in my gym shoes all day. She leaves the room to check about my stool sample (that's a whole other story). I look at Buzz and he is freaked out. Is that Lamaze breathing that he's doing? We haven't even learned that yet. He looks like he needs air. He wants to know why she is examining me and WHAT DOES IT MEAN? The room isn't painted, we have no furniture, he has a golf trip, nothing is ready, bags aren't packed, car seat isn't installed. Only one thing comes to my mind: I need to get my hair touched up soooo bad.





Dr. comes back and Buzz asks her why she's doing this. She says that my back pains could be signs of labor and she wants to check things out. She gets in there and my God the pain. How will I ever handle labor?





She says, "It's close."





We look at each other in a panic.





"It's close?"





"No, it's closed. Your cervix. You are not having contractions."





Wow!





She tells me to take it easy...really, take it easy? Weren't you the one who wouldn't write me a note to get me out of school a few weeks early? How am I going to take it easy? I played volleyball and danced for 15 minutes today.





She also thinks that Ella is head down now.





At least I got to see cute blood guy as he drew my blood for the millionth time while Buzz stood to the side smirking. I tried to make small talk and asked if I provided enough pee this time. Am I serious???





Here are some preggo pics from a few weeks back and from Saturday.


We had to order a new internal hard drive for our computer so I'm using Buzz's work laptop to blog.

8 comments:

Kellie said...

Yeah, I have missed your blogs. Glad to hear Ella wont be coming early. Give her a few more weeks, then you will be ready for her to come. By the way I suck I just sent your present today.

JILL said...

Wow! That was a bit scarey- Dr.Boloba...however you say her name...weirdo. I know. Glad to hear all is well. You look fantastic.

Jessica said...

Glad you're back!

I think its funny how all your chit-chat with the doc gets you undressed and examined!

You look really good in that yellow color!

Unknown said...

That would have freaked me out, too.
Glad things are good, though! 5 WEEKS TO GO! Yay, can't wait to meet her!

Mandy said...

Yikes! That is scary. Keep her in there a little longer and CALL THE FURNITURE COMPANY AGAIN!

Amanda said...

I can't believe how close your due date is! :)

Amanda D. said...

You are so hilarious;good to hear she's OK. No worries. I think you can deliver anywhere starting from 35 weeks and it's safe right? I'm so excited for you.

Teresa said...

You look great..and I am glad to see the room is coming along. I can not believe how many clothes Ella already has.

I love your nervous chatter with the cute blood guy!