Monday, May 4, 2009

Only three weeks to go!

As this pregnancy winds down (or up, really) I thought I'd take some time to reflect on things I will and won't miss about being pregnant...

Things I'll miss:
  • rockin' my big belly
  • maternity bottoms (yes, I said it, I love that I have no zippers or buttons to worry about, just up and down)
  • larger boobs that don't sag
  • the Snoogle pillow
  • feeling the baby move
  • the excitement and curiosity
  • the presents
  • Buzz taking the dogs out every night (in addition to his normal morning duty)

Things I will not miss:

  • peeing 3-6 times per night
  • occasionally peeing my pants
  • pooping 3-5 times per day
  • getting scolded for drinking pop, especially the Devil's own...diet coke
  • wondering constantly, "Is that a contraction?"
  • swollen feet
  • that thing that everyone knows I have but won't be posted on this blog (shh!)
  • pummels to the stomach by my dog Greta
  • reading only baby magazines and books
  • being told by Buzz, "It's not your fault, you're pregnant." or "Chill out."
  • sleeping on my side
  • the worries and anxiety
  • Babies R Us (oh wait, I have to go there even more now, don't I?)

I do realize the blog has been suffering in posts and photos but we're getting our computer back this week and that should solve the problem.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Not long! She'll be here soon!! :)

Teresa said...

OMG it could happen any day!!!!
I can't believe you poop 3-5 times a day...is that normal?

Anneliese said...

great post. I still sleep with my body pillow. I shared some of the same bad stuff. I was looking for the whole shaving dilemna on your list. Maybe you can still reach everywhere.

Anyway....Good Luck! All of it (even the grand finale) quickly fades once that baby is in your arms.

Unknown said...

You totally don't have to give up the body pillow!
Wow, you could go any time now! I can't wait! Wow, that's alot of exclamation points.

Kellie said...

So exciting and I think Buzz should continue taking out the dogs. A mama needs her rest.

JILL said...

I cannot believe it can happen any day now! WOW! Every time I get a text these days, I rush over to my phone, thinking is it Kelly? Is she sending THE text? I'm so excited for you. Get LOTS of rest NOW.

Mandy said...

I can't wait to see her!!!!!! And I was also excited for the worry and anxiety to go away. The trouble is, once they're here there's a whole different bag or worry and anxiety! But you'll be fine.

Jessica said...

I can't believe I now have to know how many times a day you poop. But, you're lucky. I'm happy if I pinch one off every 3-4 days.

BTW, I love maternity bottoms too - so lazy I know and yet I love it.

Enjoy your last 3 weeks!