Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brookfield Zoo

Last Monday - April 26, Buzz met me and Ella at Brookfield Zoo in the afternoon. 290 East has construction and it took us girls 2.5 hours to get there. Ella is a trooper though and slept most of the way. As soon as we got there, I had to nurse her in the car. Poor Buzz had been waiting at the zoo over an hour for us. First we headed to the petting zoo.
We were lucky enough to see a cow's shit.
Ella was disturbed to see a beautiful bald eagle trapped in a small cage. This is why I get depressed at the zoo. I know they're more about conservation and all that now, but come on, couldn't they give this eagle a bigger crib?
She loves when her dad carries her up on his shoulders.
Are you serious with this shot? The beauty of digital photography is you just keep snapping until you get your "money" shot.


This was crazy as hell. This lion was up on a rock practically pressed up against the looking glass. He was just chillaxin' checking everybody out.
He reminded my of Otis on a breezy summer day.
I mean, can you appreciate how up in his grill we were? The camera is not even zoomed in!

Later we saw a large kangaroo with the cutest little Joey peeking out.
My favorites at the zoo are the giraffes. I messed with the color on this and I think it looks pretty cool.
These two reminded me of the St. Legers with their long ass toes.

They call this a Kelly fish. It's pretty, right?

7 comments:

Teresa said...

You saw some good animals..they must have been heard Ella was going to be there and decided to come out. What a nice little Refvik outint!

Mandy said...

1. The lion stayed close b/c Ella resembled his lunch.

2. Those monkey toes look nothing like the St. Legers...I'd say they are more along the lines of Teresa toes. Jerk.

3. The giraffe picture is really cool.

4. You get no nice comments from me after that insulting post.

Teresa said...

Wowwwwoooowww ....Mandy two words for you.... NOT NICE!

JILL said...

HAHAHA! Love it.

Amanda said...

The comment about the toes might have crossed into jerky territory, but I still LOL'd. :)

Jeanie said...

Ella by the fish tank is so good and the lion shots amazing and the giraffe is beautiful...Good job..you're really in your element.

Unknown said...

Love the Kangaroo pic!
You guys got to see a bunch of good animals! We took Peyton last Summer and the Lion was asleep, the Elephant house was getting updated, we saw 1 giraffe, and waited in line for 30 minutes to see the monkey house.