Sunday, May 2, 2010

MS Walk 2010 or I got out of bed early for this?

This morning we participated in the MS walk at Harper College. Me, Buzz, Ella & my parents joined Debbie Fumagalli's team - Doin4Deb. Jeanie, the Gormsens and the St. Legers joined us. We walked for my sister, Kerry, who was diagnosed with MS over 4 years ago.

We went with golf umbrellas and raingear expecting a downpour but it turned out to be a beautiful day. Below is Debbie's team. Pretty impressive for one lady! Here are the boys ready to roll. It was so sweet of the Gormens and the St. Legers to offer to walk with us. Mandy stayed home with Addie because she was sick but Nick brought Deuce. To Buzz's left, you'll find Otis and Greta, oh wait, you won't because Buzz refused to bring them. Probably a smart move.
We had to wake sleeping beauty so she was a bit tired.
I love this shot of Ella and Ade. They look surprised to find each other at the same place.
Ella had to catch up on some lost sleep.
Here's my family plus my dad's good buddy, Larry. He worked with my dad and all of us used to volunteer every year at the Busse Woods MS walk together for Debbie, never imagining that someone in our own family would be affected by this disease.
I am out of control with these collages lately but I can never decide what pics to post.

Thanks to Jeanie for coming even though she has a bum knee - she made it the whole way! Thanks to all our friends and family who donated. I raised $1170! Everyone was so generous. My dad and his friend Andy raised $1175. Those jerks beat me by 5 bucks. The Harper site raised over $200,000 and that was just one of many sites in Illinois today.

This money will go to help people like Debbie, who needs things like scooters and wheelchairs and to research to find a cure so people like my sister don't end up in scooters and wheelchairs. See you next year.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That's amazing!!

Teresa said...

It felt so good to get up and do something for a good cause!

Unknown said...

That's so awesome! Such an important cause. Wish we could have been there!