Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ella's Party: The People

Ella's outfit came together randomly. Her tutu was from my mom, bought before she was born. The onesie came from my cousin, Steph, for Christmas, and the shoes were from Buzz and I.




I don't know where Jill is for this picture...she must have been chasing Jacob around.






Buzz's Dad's family
My dad's family
Jeanie's friends/family
Our friends

My mom's family
The party was so much fun and the last guest left around 9 when the sun went down. The place was awesome because we were surrounded by trees. Everyone was so generous and Ella received a nice mix of toys, clothes, gift cards and Buzz's favorite (cold, hard cash). I feel like I've been planning this party forever so I must say that I am glad it's over. It's much more fun to attend a party than to throw one. Now I know what my mom went through for all those years. Since my birthday was so close to Mother's Day, she had a Mother's Day/birthday party every year until I was 16. Not to mention rotating Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter with other relatives. Oh and I have two siblings that had parties all the time too. Geez.
Anyway, I wanted to thank my dad too for the massive clean-up effort and general helpfulness during the party. Also, thanks to all who brought appetizers to share. I feel like this is an award acceptance speech so I'm going to bring it in with this last thought...I am so glad Ella got to celebrate her birthday with so many family and friends. What a lucky little girl.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

1. I'd like you to re-name the post "The People and the Scarf".

2. We had a blast...thanks again!

3. Still can't believe Ella is ONE!

JILL said...

First of all, the entire party was amazing. We had SO much fun! The place, the decor, the food, the weather, the Birthday Girl- it could not have been more perfect. I am so mad I missed that pic- was probably chasing Jake- but it works out- all the moms and their girls. It was a great party!

Teresa said...

OMG Hilarious Mandy..that scarf...its a beautiful scarf and really hid your puppies well! BTW can I borrow it??

We had so much fun, still can't beleive this was the first time we did this after living here for so long. Good planning Kelly! Bye bye baby Ella...welcome to toddler world!