Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My 32nd Birthday

Saturday night we took Buzz's family out to Cheeseburger in Paradise for my birthday. When we came back to the house, Otis had a surprise present waiting for me. Actually, multiple presents. Take one last look at this cool, collected & calm dog. Okay, now read on...

What's that? Oh no, the carpet is torn back. But wait, aren't we out of carpet remnant because Buzz has done so much patching? Yes. And isn't this the entryway to the home? Yes.

Let's go in for a closer look. Oh look, there's blood too. I bet that blood is all over the carpet...

Here is Ella's doorway. That big rectangle is a previous patch job. It seem that Otis wasn't happy and wanted it redone. And look, more blood!

This is our bedroom. I guess Otis thought that he was going to crawl into the vent. And, more blood!


Now I thought that Otis was only scared of fireworks, thunderstorms, gum-popping, fireplaces, wind and one of Ella's toys. That's true but now we need to add our next-door neighbor's pellet gun to the growing list. Turns out that when we left the house (for only 2 hours!), the neighbor was gunning down some bumblebees. Otis wasn't a fan. The windows were closed too. I like Greta's present from last year much better...she left me a few turds.

Here is me holding the best present in the world.

We celebrated Kirsten's graduation with a Master's Degree as well.

On my actual birthday we brought the dogs to my parent's house and I requested that we order in so we didn't have more presents to come home to. We had my favorite, Uno's Pizza.







I was sad because I'd only managed to blow out 4 of the 5 candles on the first try. My wish was that we'd have good weather for Ella's party on Saturday but I guess that it's not going to happen now. Drat.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Happy Belated B-Day Kel!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! I do not know where your patience for those dogs comes from...but Ella sure better hope there's some left for her come the teenage years! ;)