Sunday, June 27, 2010

Father's Day

On Father's day, Ella presented her dad with some collar stays and a round of golf. That little one is so thoughtful! We dropped off the dogs at my parents house and met Buzz's family for lunch at Bahama Breeze.
Grandpa Dan is nothing but trouble. He liked to give Ella various contraband items like knives, booze and cigars! You can see it in his face.
Luckily his fiancee, Alice, is there to reign him in. Later that day we headed over to my parents' house for pizza. My dad is nutso over Ella and the other night while I was leaving her at their house for babysitting, she was choosing my dad over me! Seriously?


Her daddy always makes her laugh.
We stopped by Fountain Park since it's right by my parent's house. Ella hadn't been to the water portion yet. We hadn't planned on it so with no swimsuit, she totally looks like a little boy.
I love that Ella has no fear and dives right into new situations. I'm sure that will be changing soon but it's so nice while it lasts. She is so carefree.
Uncle Joe causing trouble.
Ella was just learning to walk and she had some good practice in the water.
We had fun except for this jerky little girl that came running over to throw a handful of sand at her brother and instead pummeled Ella's entire body with wet, smelly, itchy sand. I had a few words with the heathen.
The dogs and I like to relax on my parents' comfortable couches. These two aren't even allowed on our couches at home. No wonder Otis never wants to leave their house.
Otis ended the day with a stiff one and some light television.

Regarding Buzz: Ella when you are older, you will read this blog and I want you to know that you have the best Daddy in the world. He loves you so much and does so much with you. He gets you up in the morning and brings you to me. He gets home from work and grabs you right away. He feeds you dinner when he's home. He puts you to bed most nights and reads you at least one story each time. When me and you are out running the town and he hears the garage door go up, he rushes to come and get you out of your carseat. He is a nervous Nelly with you and is always worried that you will get hurt. He makes you laugh so much and you screech with delight when he comes home from work. On Saturdays when I work , he usually takes you to visit Grandma Jeanie because he knows how much she loves you. If you searched the world, you could not find a better Daddy for you!

2 comments:

JILL said...

What a wonderful Father's Day. 1.) You look really pretty in these pics. 2.) Wow. What a great dad! And...you are such a great mom for documenting it...a Little Girl and her Daddy...so special!

Unknown said...

That was so sweet it made me tear up and almost makes me want to be a mommy...damn, I need a husband first.