Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ella's 15 month stats

Last week, Ella went to the doctor for her 15 month check-up and shots. I know I say it too often, but this kid was a rock star. First, she was standing next to the doc and slammed her fingers in the drawer. She turned towards me, stuck out her lower lip, walked over to me, put her arms our and let out a big sigh. And then a whimper. No tears. Later, she had 4 shots and didn't cry until the last one and then only for a minute. She's one tough cookie.

Here are her stats:
Weight: 19 pounds, 9 ounces (10%)
Height: 30.5 inches (50-75%)
Head: 18 inches (50%) I stopped doing the monthly updates because I am so busy and can't be bothered to do them ;) (that is a total lie) I mean I am so lazy and haven't gotten around to them and it's a lot of pressure. So let me fill you in on some things...
This kid has teeth. And lots of them. I call her Madonna cuz of the giant gap between her two front teeth. I love how it looks. She got some molars and never even bothered to mention it. No sleepless nights or whiny baby.
She has a new best friend and her name is Violet. It's the purple dog that sings songs. Ella liked to press her paw, throw her on the ground and dance around her like Elaine from Seinfeld. I need to get it on tape.
She continues to be a super picky eater.
Loves: yogurt, bread, any kind of fruit, crackers, cheese, and the occasional meat item
Hates: veggies, most meats, puffs, mac and cheese, potatoes, corn, spaghettios, gerber graduate meals...and pretty much everything else.
She loves to read and when I'm in the bathroom, I can always find her on her floor surrounded by books.
She strung together her first words...this will not be a shock to those who have been to my house..."Greta, no no!" And she used them at the appropriate time.
She is very smart and knows tons of body parts (nose, eyes, teeth, mouth, ear, hair, belly, foot, knee, butt) She can follow some directions like, "put your baby in her bed" or "go sit in your chair." She LOVES Sesame Street and squeals and runs to her chair when it comes on.
She can entertain herself for long periods of time playing with her toys. Still no stranger danger. She's happy to go to anyone. She loves to take walks and remains independent - as in she won't hold your hand or let you lead! She is not afraid of anything except for veggies. I know I'm forgetting a ton but this is what I can come up with for now...

Oh and she's pretty darn beautiful too!

5 comments:

kerry said...

She is the most beautiful thing ever! I want to trade her for my three! You r the greatest Mom ever Kelly! I love you guys and miss u like crazy!
Love, your twisted sister! XoXo
can't wait to see you guys!

Janice said...

She's gorgeous! Everytime I look at your blog I think I need a girl! :)

Teresa said...

Ella...such a little doll. Can you please get her walk on video..it is hilarious. Also I can not beleive she does not like Mac n Cheese..what kid not like Mac N Cheese!! Love her!

JILL said...

I love her too!!! She is one beautiful baby! Happy 15-months, sweet girl!

Jessica said...

She is beautiful! I feel like I haven't seen her in ages and she looks like a little girl in some of those pics! Have to see her soon!