Monday, August 24, 2009

Cooking with Kelly

Since there is the real serious potential for me to be a SAHM (Stay at home mom), I decided I should start trying to cook. Last week it was eggplant parmesan on whole wheat pasta. It looks pretty good, right? Here is my salad with HOME-MADE dressing...

I am so unorganized when it comes to my mail and announcements and baptism thank-yous. We had a nice meal on one side of the table and on the other you could find this disaster. I can't even believe I'm putting it on my blog but I'm trying to keep it real.
Here is some of the aftermath. What a disaster and did I mention my kitchen is TINY? I know, I know, you don't need a big kitchen to be a great cook but come on - I had to prepare everything on that sliver in front of the toaster oven!
So this recipe that said it would take 10 minutes to prepare and 20 to cook ended up taking about two hours with the salad. And 1/2 hour clean-up time. Is cooking really worth it?

8 comments:

Kellie said...

I am just happy to see a bag of Almond Accents on your counter and I didn't even give you a free bag! That is one of the lines I rep for. BTW my kitchen table looked the same way after we had Raegan, who cares you have a cute baby to tend to.

Kelly said...

That is so funny Kellie! Quite the observation.

Jeanie said...

Actually I had some of that eggplant and it was wonderful...keep up the good work..can't wait to taste what you whip up next..are we on for Friday? ha

Amanda said...

Google for the blog "crockpot 365". Easy recipes for the crock, little prep, and you can spend time with baby girl while "cooking". Tell Buzz you cooked, he can clean up and you have a great thing going! :)

Mandy said...

I'm so proud of you! And kind of love that Addie's note is on top of the heap!

Teresa said...

Nice Kelly...I remember stopping by once and you were cooking vegetables and fish...and it smelled really good! So when are you cooking for us???

Laurie said...

Thank you for letting me know the pile of mail on my kitchen table is ok sometimes!!

Michelle said...

Kelly, I understand your pain of cooking in a cramped area. The kitchen in this house is galley style and the only counter space is partly taken up by the coffee maker.