Monday, October 19, 2009

The Art of Pumpkin Carving

Last night we carved our $1.99 Aldi pumpkins. What a steal! Ella joined us at the table.

Buzz was a nervous nelly about putting her hand in the pumpkin seeds but I reassured him. Ella seemed to enjoy it.




Buzz saw a design like this online and free handed it. I can't believe how great it turned out. It didn't take him that long either!
Mine on the other hand took hours. I had picked up one of those pumpkin carving design books with the stencils on clearance last year and wanted to try it out. I think I picked the hardest design. It was a bitch to do but looks pretty bad ass.
Here is the sad part. I put them outside and I checked on them tonight. The designs are already starting to wilt. I actually rubbed them with Vaseline to try to buy a few more days. All that work...

8 comments:

Kellie said...

Good job guys, but where is Ella's pumpkin? :) Happy 5 months Ella!

Mandy said...

Those are awesome...Buzz sent a pic of his to Nick and I didn't believe he did it.

Jessica said...

Wow. I gonna be embarrassed to post my standard triangle faces!

Teresa said...

Did you really carve those??? If so nice job! What a nice little family night!

Jeanie said...

Those pumpkins are terrific! Lots of fun especially when they turned out so very scarey and cool. That's because Ella kept you on your toes. She seemed a little leary at first with the pumpkin seeds but soon was in the full swing of things.

Amanda said...

You guys could teach Martha a thing or two. ;)

I wish my kids loved the Bumbo like Ella. Both of them hate(d) it. :(

JILL said...

Wow!! You guys are so creative!!!!!

Anna said...

We did "creative carvings" last year and had the same problem... toothpicks do wonders, if you stick them through the top of the design parts and straight into the pumpkin, like a support beam. It helped ours for a bit. So amazing though, makes my Cinderella pumpkin from last year look like child's play :)