Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Otis Van Nostrand and the playdate

I couldn't run from it anymore; it was my turn to have the play date at my house. I wanted to have it on a Friday so my cousin could come. It only ended up being Colton, Peyton and Ella.
The reason I was dreading having it at my house is because Otis is a handful - and by handful, I mean armful! I knew I needed to lock him up because there was a table full of food and there were young children that didn't want to be licked to the ground. So I put him and Greta in our bedroom. Within seconds he is barking, then he is banging against the door. I finally go to check because I hear scratching and sure enough, he has done this to the carpet: Do you see that seam? Oh that was already there from the last time he tore back the carpet. It has happened multiple times and in various spots. So next I put them on the deck. It was damp but not rainy. Otis jumps at the screen repeatedly and continues to bark. I decide to try the basement...but when I let them inside, Greta has muddy paw prints from a potted plant outside (thanks Jess for cleaning that). SO, I finally get them in the basement and they keep coming up because the door won't stay closed when Greta pummels her body into it. So I block off the upstairs with a long mirror and you can see below how Otis felt about that.
Later, I let the jerk down for some reason or another and he grabs an entire piece of pizza off the kitchen table and eats it! Unbelievable. Ella had a good laugh though. He finally falls asleep under the jumperoo in the loft. At least it won't be my turn to host again for a bit!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

OH MY GOD - That's just too stressful! Oh, well...Ella's a doll!

Unknown said...

We had a great time and Peyton loved watching the dogs on the patio.

Mandy said...

OMG - what a nightmare!

Jeanie said...

That was a hoot...I'm with Ella...got a big laugh out of that one