Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ella's first airplane ride

Yesterday, Ella and I boarded a plane to Austin to surprise my sister. Her husband met us at the airport and we popped in on Kerry and the kids. Traveling was a breeze due to a lot of factors. My dad works at the airport so Buzz dropped me off and my dad met us outside. He helped me check in and hung out until we boarded. He had friends at the gate that got me a row to myself and his other friend gently placed my stroller on the plane. Ella took a bottle at take-off and fell asleep until landing when I gave her another bottle. Everyone on the plane commented on what a great baby she was. As soon as we landed, my brother in law, Michael, found us. I had so much shit with me and I don't know how I would have survived without all the help! My sister said that she felt like she was having a hot flash when we walked in. She didn't think I was coming until December. Her boys were so excited to see Ella and Cole told me, "I washed my hands so I can hold Ella." Some of the neighborhood kids and Ella in the playroom. The little girl holding Ella is also Ella. Cole told all the kids to wash their hands before touching the baby. I love that kid.
Aidan had some reading homework and Ella loved listening to him.



Uncle Brent is driving in from Houston tonight to stay for two nights. More to come...

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Enjoy your visit!

Buzz said...

I love pics of her reading, keep it up Mom!

Jessica said...

What a nice surprise!

Mandy said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you got to surprise her at the door!! Awesome! Have so much fun! And those pics are adorable.

Teresa said...

Ahhh Ella reunited with her cousins...they are so cute..what good boys! Also you made it through your first flight..big milestone! Have fun and enjoy the weather!