Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You're just going to forget about those blueberries...

"Beat it," Buzz said as I walked downstairs. This is how our lovely conversation ended. Oops, it actually ended just now as Buzz told me how he didn't do anything so I need to get over it. Let me start from the beginning.

We're in the kitchen counting how many berries are left in a bag because we disagreed on the amount so Buzz actually counted them out on a paper towel. I pour a bowl of frozen blueberries and leave it on the counter and he tells me, "You know that you're going to forget about those blueberries." For some reason this irks me and I respond with, "Did you ever think that your negative attitude affects me."

He looks at my questionably and I go on, "whenever I get a piece of work out equipment you laugh and says how much dust it's going to collect. Or when I want to join a gym or a class you laugh. Or recently I mentioned that the Wii could be my key to exercise and you told me that if I think I can lose weight using the Wii then that is sad. Did you ever think that your negative comments are partly why I'm failing at this? You know, like when all a kid hears is how they're worthless and won't amount to anything and they start to believe it."

Missing the point, Buzz tells me how I hate to break a sweat so maybe I should just join Weight Watchers. I argue that I totally broke a sweat while playing a dancing game on Wii plus I had fun! He tells me how I would benefit from these Weight Watcher meetings. Here's the thing though, I don't just want to lose weight, I'd like to be healthier. I just want him to say once, "that sounds like a good idea, good luck."

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

wow, that's quite a story! who was right about the blueberries?

Jeanie said...

oops, I forgot...Kelly that sounds like a good idea..GOODLUCK!

Anonymous said...

Shame on you Buzz!

Mandy said...

Unfortunately men aren't wired that way...I think the lesbians are onto something.

You can come use our Wii any time you want Kelly and Buzz isn't invited.

Teresa said...

tell buzz to beat it..good for you Kelly!