Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Greta's Revenge

Greta, the wonder dog, was at the vet once again last week. She had some large nodules develop along her spay scar. The vets said it was fine just to keep an eye on them. So we go to the Stanczak wedding Saturday night and come home to find that she has chewed out one of the nodules and the other is swollen and purple. Deesgusting! So now she's on more pills, I have to clean the wound once a day, and she has to wear a cone for two weeks in her crate.


It seems that she is pissed at us...Thursday evening around 5:30 I decided to take a little nap. I was laying with Otis in the spare bedroom and Greta was on the floor chewing a bone. Buzz comes home around 6 and finds that Greta has left her wrath all over the basement!


She killed a couple pillows and put a hole in a blanket.
She ate the couch. The couch that my mom still likes to tell me how much she paid for it cuz it was so darn expensive.
Buzz is especially mad because he specifically told me to close the basement door the day before. I thought it was closed but this dog has mad skills...

The only saving grace is that it's the basement couch. We can toss a throw over that section and call it a day. For some reason when our dogs destroy things, I don't freak out. I hope this also applies to my future children.

9 comments:

Mandy said...

wow (in the Buzz voice)

Anna said...

I'm really sorry... but that's really funny. =)

Kristy said...

Toss a throw over it? That would mean you need to have a couch left.

Jessica said...

NOW YOU HAVE YOUR EXCUSE!! Implement next phase of plan!

Anonymous said...

OMG is all I can say!

Anonymous said...

You are a saint!

Unknown said...

hat a trouble maker. i know they hate wearing thosw cones but I think its cute

Anonymous said...

That is the reason Vitaly and I don't have a dog yet.

Sherryaw73 said...

aw, poor Greta. I feel so bad for dogs when I see them wearing a cone. They always look so sad. Poor Brett locked himself in the bathroom when he wore a cone.