Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oral Sex Kills!

While perusing my lovely, "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book from the DiMarias I found a very small blurb titled, Oral Sex. A lot of this book is written in question/answer format. This is what I found:

"I've heard that oral sex is dangerous during pregnancy. Is this true?"

Cunnilingus (oral stimulation of the female genitalia) is safe throughout pregnancy as long as your partner is careful not to blow any air into your vagina. Doing this could force air into your bloodstream and cause an embolism, which could obstruct a blood vessel and could prove deadly to both mother and baby.

It just ends there. No mention of how much air is required to cause this embolism. I mean typically people don't blow into vaginas but there is heavy breathing, right? Have I crossed the line with this post. If so, I"m sure my mother will inform me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny I remember reading that thinking the same thing. Be careful kids!

Amanda D. said...

LOL...that is hilarious, I remember reading that one too.

Jessica said...

Your poor, poor mother.

Mandy said...

Double wow.

Unknown said...

You just totally made my day that you posted that!

Amanda said...

HA!

Anonymous said...

I remember reading that too. Gross.
~Jill

Anonymous said...

Only you Kelly! Your post totally got my attention.

Kristy said...

Are you going to call your doctor to ask how much breathing near your vagina is acceptable?