Monday, November 10, 2008

So much for hearing the heartbeat


We are just not meant to hear this child's heartbeat. On Saturday we had to reschedule our appointment because I am pregnant and mindless and thought the appointment was thirty minutes later than it actually was. Fast forward to today: We have an appointment after work. The chick warns us that she may not be able to find the heartbeat right away so don't panic. Murphy's Law - she never does find the heartbeat. So, they send us to another room and we get to have an extra ultrasound (not vaginal - thank god). We still didn't get to hear the heartbeat but it's at 161. Our ultrasound tech doesn't believe all that high heartbeat means a girl. She thinks it was high cuz I was up and about moving around. I think we were both pretty amazed at how much the baby has changed since 8 weeks.

Also I had to have 9 vials of blood drawn for all of the tests they need to run. The phlebotomist was very good-looking and Buzz did not appreciate me telling him that. He said that he was weird because he didn't wear socks with his shoes. Only Buzz notices something like that.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Is that a 3D u/s? If not, that is one great regular old u/s machine! Those pics are awesome.

Amanda D. said...

That is so exciting! I remember those pics, aren't they awesome!!! Buzz is hilarious, I notice no socks too. LOL...

Jessica said...

OMG - I SAW THAT CUTE BLOOD GUY! WOW! He is cute. He's new. I didn't get to experience that when I was knocked up with Ellie. And, who gives a shit about socks!

By the way, don't you just love Mary Ann? She's so awesome!

Mandy said...

Those pics are great!!! I can see little legs and arms! yeah!

Anonymous said...

So exciting and great pic's!

Kelly said...

Amanda, it's a 4D machine. Amazingly, that was taken through my stomach! Crazy.
Jess, I do love Mary Ann but I think she was on her way out when we came in so she wasn't her usual chirpy self. But the blood guy...

Kristy said...

Wow, crazy freaky cool . . . yeah, I think that just about covers it.