Friday, April 16, 2010

Austin Day 2 or Build a Bundle

Kerry decides to take Ella up to the boys' school for lunch so I put on her Otis shirt. I thought they would get a kick out of this. She returns from the trip exhausted. My sister told me that Cole was at the school bitching at all the kids that tried to touch her - telling them, "you have dirty hands, you can't touch her." I love this kid. Ziggy looks like he wants to eat her in this picture. Remember Ziggy, Otis and his swimming goggles are watching...
Kerry and go out to lunch again. I love this lifestyle. When the kids get home they have to do their homework right away because we're heading to the mall to do Build a Bear. I yell at Kerry when I find Ella teetering on the edge of Cole's lap. I can just see it now..."I didn't mean to drop her."
It is hard to keep track of this little one.
Ella gets her wallet out to pay for Cole and Aidan's belated birthday presents. She's pissed cuz she had her eye on a new tutu.
They both pick longhorns, go figure.
So you buy the animals, you buy a sound (which they didn't want), you buy an outfit, you buy accessories and you're just about finished when the damn sales girl comes up and throws a couple of pairs of sweet gym shoes under your nephews' noses. And guess what? You need a four pack cuz they picked longhorns. We're talking like 20 more bucks per animal. I thanked her for throwing me under the bus.
But this outing was much more enjoyable than sending my normal check. At least I got to see them enjoy it.
Poor Ella thinks that Kerry is going to build her a bear but they're just posing.
Here we are with the completed project. Where's Cole you ask? As we're checking out he sees some sunglasses that he wants. Kerry tells him that she'll get them. Because I'm a bossy a-hole, I pull her aside and say, "Isn't it enough that he just got the fifty-dollar animal?" Tell him he can get them another time. Shockingly, my sister agrees and tells him sorry shinorry. I am surprised because she is a sucker for these boys. So guess what? Cole is pissed as hell and won't thank me or pose for a picture. He proceeds to pout for like the next ten minutes while Kerry tries to talk to him. Finally, he comes up to me in tears and muscles out a, "thanks for the longhorn." Aidan is happy as a clam with his present. After some thought I remember that Cole insisted on getting his longhorn some boxers so I sneak in the store to ask if we can trade for the sunglasses...
As you can see from the pic below it worked. Everyone wins. My sister thinks I'm the sucker but I think that we made an even trade.
Next we head to Forever 21 to try out some new accessories. We have to be sneaky because last year we got busted snapping pics in this store.

We top off the night with some cookies - don't judge.
Later that night, poor Ella is still pissed because Kerry never got her a build a dragon. Tough luck kid.

*BTW, my sister I decided to blog without reading each other's first so it will be interesting to see what we both came up with. Well interesting for us anyway. For everyone else, not so much.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I absolutely loved this adventure..it was so fun..really wished I could have been there. The longhorns are adorable and the kids just great and the hair accessories look pretty cute on everyone..especially the red one on Ella and the black one on Carrie. What a great day!