Monday, April 19, 2010

Austin Day 5 - Austin Children's Museum

As I sit down to write this post I am explaining to my 1st grade nephew that he does not in fact have a "gina" - as in vagina!

His older brother, Blake, likes to sing the Green Giant ad but instead he says, "Green Gina." When asked what a "gina" is, Aidan pointed to his lower region. I asked my sister if she was going to take this one or if I should. She said to leave it alone and I said we can't have him walking around thinking that he has a "gina." I told him that girls have "ginas," actually vaginas and boys have a penis. That's what makes us different. Then he told me that he knows. This is the same kid that loves to say, "Is Ella breastfeeding right now?"

So anyway, yesterday Michael was off so we decided to have a family day. Blake was going to some all-day Christian rock fest with his church group (don't ask) so we asked the little ones if they'd rather go do a safari or go downtown to the Children's Museum. They chose the latter.

First we headed to lunch at a dog-friendly restaurant downtown. All the dogs just chill under their owner's tables.
Michael was so excited to go to the Austin Children's Museum. He wanted to stay all day.

There was no where to feed Ella and I forgot my nursing wrap in the car so I snuck into a mini-classroom and used my sweater as a wrap. First my sister busts in on me and next a few of the workers find me and tell me that they need the room for a birthday party. Is Ella one yet cuz I've just about had it with this nursing crap.
Ella enjoyed the baby section but I did find her with dirt in her mouth at one point and wanted to vomit. She was spitting it all over. Somebody must have trapped it in on their shoes.
This thing was the coolest and Ella had a blast going up and down the stairs and slide. Kerry's camera battery died so these next few pics are from my iphone.

Next we headed to Amy's ice-cream for a sweet treat.
We ended the day by heading to the Cathedral of Junk. This guy has built structures in his backyard out of old junk and it's really sort of beautiful. So you can go in his backyard and check it out and climb all over the junk. Unfortunately when we arrived, we found out that the city has shut it down. I did get a glimpse from the fence.

As I end this post, my sister is asking her 3rd grader if he knows what a "gina" is. He says, "yeah, it's a weiner."

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Can't believe you forgot the BF cover up! How hilarious...I actually have a feeling you are going to miss BF and will probably end up doing it until Ella is 3...well maybe not..but I am a little jealous that you have not had to buy one ounce of formula.

BTW whats all the gina talk..just tell them what I tell Lukey..privates parts are to be kept private!