Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ella's First Easter

It's funny because the holidays used to be about the holidays but now they're all about Ella (to me that is). Instead of Easter 2010, it's "Ella's first Easter." Instead of taking pics of people, I take pics of people holding Ella. Instead of buying myself a new Easter outfit, I buy Ella a new Easter outfit. This all makes sense when you look at this kid below. How could it not be all about her???
So the hair bow (thanks Mandy) stayed on for about 3 seconds that morning.
We had a quick basket photo opt at our house before rushing to get to Jeanie's by 10:30 - okay, 10:45 for brunch. Buzz bought me some cute flowers.


Jeanie cooked a delicious brunch (my favorite was the dumplings and sauerkraut - yum!). Afterwards Ella went to find her second basket of the day with a little help from her Grandma.
Jeanie got her a bunch of cute toys, a pair of shoes, and the cutest little egg backpack. She had so much fun playing with her cookie jar. She also got a little basket from one of Jeanie's friends.
We stayed at Jeanie's till around 1:45 when we headed to my Aunt Maureen and Uncle Vince's house.
I made some pretty damn good lemon cupcakes. No mix or box. Totally scratch. Totally fab! Totally time-consuming. Total sugar headache the night before after sampling some batter and product...

At my Aunt's house, Ella opened her fourth basket of the day. She got some really cute bee towels, bunny soaps and a new Blabla doll from my parents. She's a mermaid with dreads so Buzz named her Bowersocks Blabla. This is only funny if you watch American Idol and even then it might not be funny.
Ella also received some money and a cute pink bunny. Thanks to everyone for spoiling our little bunny!
We were having a great time at my Aunt's house when it started to storm around 5. Dessert was just being served and we had to abruptly leave because we have Otis - I'm a chicken shit dog when it comes to thunderstorms - Refvik at home. I didn't even get to see my brother because he was working till 5.

When we got home we were treated to two more spots of carpet damage (notice the line where Buzz has previously fixed said carpet), and two giant puddles of pee. Luckily the pee was in the kitchen and the bathroom so it was easy to clean. The poor pups were glad to see us.


6 comments:

JILL said...

What a beautiful 1st Easter! Your hair looks great- I love it in these pics (and of course, I LOVE Ella's Easter dress)

Teresa said...

Looks like you had a nice Easter. Ella looks so sweet and really good in Blue! Sorry about the dogs and the carpet..I actually think of you everytime I hear thunder and lighting!

Mandy said...

She looks adorable...um, where are the little white shoes? Did they keep falling off?

You are way too forgiving with those dogs...they'd have been tossed out of my house after the first ripping incident. And you know it's that damn red dog leading the charge!

Jessica said...

That little Ella is so cute, I swear. The dress is super adorable and I can't get enough of her smiling - how fun that she's always doing it.

Ugh on the dogs.

Amanda said...

She is absolutely perfect. :) Happy Easter!

kerry said...

Looks like a great Easter! I'm counting down the days till your here. I will be washing alot of floors before you come.:(((