Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Making of the Christmas Card-outakes

Our Christmas cards are usually difficult to make. I'm the brains and development and Buzz is the brawn. Buzz comes in when I'm ready and attempts to control the dogs. He's the reason I get the shots I want. So kudos to him.

Here's Ella waiting patiently on set (the family room with our bed sheet jimmied up on the couch and chair).
Here's Otis bitching about the long hours he puts in.
Look at Greta's face...she's waiting for Buzz to kill her. This was almost a winner but Ella had to go and blow it. Just kidding!There's Mary, but where's Joseph? I bet he's in the kitchen looking for a snack. I love this because they're all looking at Buzz. After taking about 25 photos, I ended up having to use three separate photos to get a good one of each of them. Here's my mom's nativity scene that I added them all to. I set it by the x-mas tree so the lighting was a little glowy - is that a word? Once I added the dogs and Ella I messed with the lighting, tones, shadows and junk on the entire picture. Don't I sound like a professional?
I'll post the final product on Christmas Eve.

Now the real question is...what to do for next year? That's a rhetorical question people.

2 comments:

Amanda D. said...

OMG.....so cute!

Teresa said...

The card looks awesome!!! Best one yet!!!!