Sunday, October 24, 2010

Austin: Day Four

Aidan has a soccer game Saturday afternoon and Ella practices her moves. What a multitasker!
Aidan is the rock star of the soccer team.
My sister's annual Halloween party is that night and I make these eyeball deviled eggs.
She goes all out for this party and everything looks awesome.

We go as Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi. We flipped a coin to see who would have to be Ellen and Kerry lost which was good cuz it was her party and she was more comfortable busting out Ellen's lame dance moves than I would have been...

Kerry taught Ella a few moves too.
My bro in law was supposed to be Vanilla Ice but we decided he made a better K.D. Lang.


Here's best costume winner: There's a guy strapped to his back that says, Border Patrol.
Best couple costume: The Recession, the guy was before (suit) and after (McDonald's employee) and the chick had photos of all the houses in the neighborhood with selling and current plummeted prices. Impressive!
While looking at the 300 photos from the party, my oldest nephew, Blake, says to me, "Why is my mom always humping in pictures?"
There were some great costumes and and the party went until 4 or 5 am. These forty-somethings still know how to rock. My lame ass snuck upstairs around midnight to read a book. It's hard to be at a party with strangers who are drunk when you don't drink.

2 comments:

JILL said...

The first picture of Ella is adorable...total framer. I would have LOVED that party, how fun! Your costumes were my favorite! However, so many cool ideas!

Anonymous said...

The costumes were a hoot..great ideas. Carrie looks like Ellen..how did she do that! You looked like a hottie..beautiful! K.D.Lang awsome...she's one of my favorites. Great party, house looked fab and of course Ella too cool for school hahah. Your eyeballs were wicked! See ya soon.