Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Austin: Travels and Day One

Did I mention that Ella is a picky eater? Well I know the girl likes chicken and I had to feed her dinner at the airport so she got her first taste of McDonald's chicken nuggets. The glutton ate all six nuggets. Well let me tell you that she pooped before we got on the plane, while we were on the plane and shortly after landing...I mean you do the math! I had a few books and a portable DVD player to entertain her but I really thought she would sleep since the flight was at 8 (her bedtime).
Chatty Kathy only slept about 20 minutes but she was a good girl the whole time. I gave her a pacifier for her ears but she was still pulling them when we were landing. This girl chatted with the people in front, to the side and behind us. I'll post a video of some of this. But when we landed everyone said how great she did.
We got to Kerry's house sometime after eleven and Ella was still awake! When she saw Blake she said, "Beak," which is what she calls him, and reached out her arms for him. It's hard to believe that the last time we were here she couldn't even walk and now she's eating in a big girl chair.
We headed up to Cole and Aidan's school so we could have lunch with the boys. Kerry had lied and told them we weren't getting in until that morning so that they would go to sleep but they spied Ella's little shoes in the front hallway this morning! Aidan was a bit aloof when we saw him and he told my sister that his brain hurt. We had a good laugh over that and drove 25 minutes to have a real lunch. Just as we were getting out of the car, Aidan's school called to say he had a fever and needed to be picked up right away. Apparently his brain really did hurt.
Ella is having so much fun watching and playing with the boys. Cole is especially attentive to her. We all went for a walk after dinner and he is so patient with her.
Aidan asked if Ella and me could move in with them.

Later that night when Blake was supposed to be studying, the dip-doodle-dorkhead managed to get his knee stuck in the railing. It was only by mine and Kerry's sheer strength that we were able to free him from the menacing iron bars that had become his vice.
Aidan's fever returned tonight and reached all the way up to 103! Poor Aidy baby. And yes, there is a flu going around these parts, and yes, I am freaking out thinking that Ella and I will be next! Stay tuned...

No comments: