Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Last of the Texans

So we're back home in Carpentersville! On Monday we took a 5:00 p.m. flight home. On the way to the airport Aidan was telling me that his mom is going to cry a lot and that she will do this for hours and needs to just get over it! Kerry has raised one empathetic little boy. Then Cole asked me if I had another baby if it would be a girl because if that happens then they can take Ella!

When I got to the gate, I politely spoke to the gate agent and let him know that I was flying with a baby and if there was any way to get an open seat next to me I would greatly appreciate it. Well he can suck balls because not only did he not comply, he put me in a row right in front of an open seat! To tease me! I was super nervous because Ella and I had a window seat and if she pooped, we'd have to get through two sleeping passengers to get out of our seats. But alas, she only farted on the way home. She couldn't have been better and once again Teresa's portable DVD player saved the day. She and I shared my iPhone headphones and rocked out to some Florence and the Machine and she even did a little snuggling. As the plane was landing, she felt the need to say, no scream, DaDa over and over again. For like five minutes. It was cute to me but I can only imagine how annoying for the others!

Now we are back to normal and Ella and Adriana start their new baby class tomorrow at the park district. If all goes well, we will be back to Austin in January.

No comments: