Monday, March 2, 2009

Breastfeeding Class -- Part Two

Here are some highlights (or lowlights) from tonight's breastfeeding class
  • While practicing the four breastfeeding positions, we had to watch the dude across from us try them out. Really, do you really need to practice that?
  • Buzz was very upset to learn from the dietitian that lunch meat needs to be eaten within 4 days of opening the package. For some reason he thought you had until the expiration date. I don't know how he missed that life lesson.
  • Your breasts will wake you up. If you are lucky enough to have your baby sleep a bit past feeding time, don't fret cuz your breasts will wake you up! Awesome.
  • As the teacher explained that us women will need plenty of rest, Buzz rolled his eyes. When she said that we need to be stress free, he said, "I guess I won't talk for 6 months."
  • We all got to practice manual expression (or as Buzz called it, expressive discharge) with a fake boob. The teacher came around to make sure we were doing it right.
  • The teacher mentioned a friend of hers who would squirt milk from her breast directly into her baby's little cereal bowl. That's a skill I'm hoping to master.
  • I swear that while we were sitting there for two hours, Ella kicked me in the pelvis a few times. It's probably not even possible but it sure felt that way...

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Interesting class. Sad I missed that one!

Jessica said...

Oh, and if you master that squirting skill are you gonna have a show and tell session? That's something I definitely want to see!

Unknown said...

Thst picture almost made me lose my breakfast!
That squirting skill could be a great party trick.

Mandy said...

My boobs NEVER woke me up...I love to sleep way too much to let a couple of rock solid boobs interfere.

Amanda said...

Your updates with this class are taking away any residual guilt I have for not breastfeeding. THANK YOU!!!

Jessica said...

Can you post something new soon? If I see that pic first thing when you page opens one more time I might throw!

Samantha Scimeca said...

I love that pic! WTF?! Anyway...it's true for me about the boobs waking you up... oh and other peoples babies crying...It isn't that bad though to breast feed. Once you get the hang of it..