Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bedding options for boys

I know this will shock some of you but here goes...I love dogs. If I'm having a boy I'd like to do a dog-themed nursery featuring large photos of my dogs. I'm serious. This is how I roll. The blog is after all called, From Dogs to Baby. I like this bedding but it might be a tad too neutral for me. It's really cheap, I mean reasonable, though. It's called Spot and it's by Bananafish. I would do black furniture.


I am really drawn to this set as well. It's called Bali. It's about 100 more dollars than the previous set but I like the earthy colors. I would probably do the walls green and that might look better with dog pics in Sepia tones...The moral of the story is that I am dying to find out what we're having because I love decorating and you can be a bit kooky with a nursery. By the way, I scheduled the level II ultrasound for December 30th so we will find out the sex then.


10 comments:

Mandy said...

Hmmm...tough choice. I like them both. You could do a cool green with the first set too. I like the second set a smidge more, but I feel like you can't neglect the dogs from the first set (even though I know you will tie them in either way). I'm dying to know what you are having too!!!

Jessica said...

I like the first set best. It really says dogs to me and you could do ribbons or fabric or something to mat the pics to tie it in.

The second one almost feels safari to me.

I can't believe you find out this month. How exciting whatever you choose.

Samantha Scimeca said...

I agree with Jess. I like the first one, you can always add color. even if it is just the walls. I noticed that too with the boy bedding....not much to choose from, and they have a lot of brown and taupe colors...booorrrriiinnngggg!

Unknown said...

I like the first best, too.
It's adorable. Like Jess says, yo ucan add color

Amanda said...

I like the first one. In fact, it was the bedding used in one of the rooms off HGTV that I really liked when I pg w/ Vivian.

I can't wait to hear what you're having! :)

Teresa said...

I actually like the second one better. I like the first one..but I think you would need to pull in a brighter color on the walls just so it does not seem so neutral....but the second one...I think if you pulled out the rug and wall things....that would take out the safari and you could focus more on the dog theme. Oh wait...i can't see...is the brown a leopard print? Still I like the colors!

Amanda D. said...

I LOVE the first one! It's adorable, when I look at the picture it's very calming which babies like + you'll be spending a lot of time in the room as well. I really like the color they used on the wall (it's a calm color). You could do a chair rail with the cream wall color on top and then a darker taupe of the bottom! I think it would be beautiful. Did you check out BabySuper Mall too? You see the actual bedding in person.

Anonymous said...

I vote #2

Anonymous said...

Love the dogs!

Anonymous said...

I like the 2nd one...Love the colors!!!
Love, Jill