Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's a...GIRL

Introducing: Ella Jae Refvik
Weight: 11 ounces
Heart rate: 132 BPM
Size: 19 weeks 5 days (currently 19 weeks 2 days)

Now I know you are all having a good laugh out there because we were pretty vocal about wanting a boy. I have always wanted a girl too, I was just hoping the boy would come first. We are so excited! Buzz was wondering what he can do with a girl...can he wrestle or play catch with her? Abso-freakin-lutely. We had our level II ultrasound and everything looks great. Now the real fun begins: registering. I am dying to get over to the baby store.
I have not felt any movement yet but we were able to see her kicking around in there so it should be coming soon. Did I mention that my sister is so jealous because she tried 3 times and got only boys? I think my nephews were a tad disappointed because they already have a girl cousin. My sister's husband, Michael, told me to start saving for her wedding right away. That is one scary thought.

My parents were especially thrilled because they've been dying for a granddaughter. My parents and brother put me on speakerphone and I told them all at once. They were all excited and 30 seconds later I hear my dad say, "Tell her that she's got mail here from Bank of America." Typical dad, back to business as usual.

We chose Jae as the middle name because both of our mothers' names start with J. The nice thing is that this little girl will have a built in group of girlfriends. She's bound to get along with some of them, right?


P.S. Kenzie, I want my money back. Your predictions are a bit rusty!

11 comments:

Kristy said...

Yeay!! Girls rule!! Congrats, Kelly and Buzz.

Samantha Scimeca said...

Congratulations!!!!! Let the fun begin.... You are going to have a blast buying all the cute girl clothes! BRU's has some ADORABLE dresses....

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys and love the name too! I was going to predict girl, but I didn't want to be the only one. Like Buzz Paul thought the same thing when we found out that Raegan was a girl. I just reminded him that girls play sports too, Raegan already has golf clubs. Happy shopping!

Anonymous said...

Kelly you blew my stellar predicting record!!!!!!! I bound to lose business over this ordeal. I'm so excited for you guys---love the name.

Mandy said...

I'm SO excited. Our girls are going to fight just like we do for sure!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelly and Buzz! LOVE the name!!!

Amanda said...

Girls are so much fun & watching Buzz with her will melt your heart. Congrats, guys! :)

Teresa said...

Congrats..her name is adorable!! So glad we are both having girls this year!

Jessica said...

YOU FINALLY GET TO USE YOUR NAME!

Congratulations. To me there's nothing sweeter than watching a little girl with her Daddy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Girls are so wonderful! Welcome to a world of pink!

Emilie

Amanda D. said...

Wonderful News!!!! We are so excited for you....girls are so much fun! Love the name. Congrats.