Sunday, December 14, 2008

An Evening at the Dog Park

I have to say that I am one dedicated dog owner. I try to make it to the dog park at least 3 times per week. These shots are after last week's snow. I absolutely love this place. With the full moon and the snow you can stay pretty late. There are some gnarly trees to admire. These two shots are of the same tree taken from opposite angles.
Look at poor grey-beard Odie Claus. That is not snow on his chin. At the dog park, Otis likes to hang out with me and he growls and snaps at dogs that get in his business. He's like a crabby old man. Oh and he pees on EVERYTHING.
It was hard to get Greta to sit still for this shot. She plays with every dog at the park. She has no fear and is kind of a bully. She like to get dogs on their backs and bite their necks. She isn't vicious but it looks bad...

Buzz took them to the park on Friday for the first time by himself because I was going to be home late and we were having people over. He reported that he will not be going back. Apparently Greta's antics are too stressful for him. I was happy that he tried.

12 comments:

Teresa said...

You are such a good dog parent! Do you want to pick up Callie on the way??? Or maybe just ONE time i will go with you.

Mandy said...

You are a good doggy mom. Let me know how that 3 times a week works out for ya when the kid arrives. It's gonna happen whether you like it or not Kelly!

Mandy said...

PS-those tree shots are so cool

Jessica said...

Oh geez...I have no idea when the last time Kasey went to the dog park.

Anonymous said...

For all of you parents out there that doubt me...just wait. I promise to continue my adventures to the dog park. Buzz will just have to watch the kid. Or, when the kid is a few months old, he/she will have to come with me. You all can bet me on that.
Kelly

Samantha Scimeca said...

where is this dog park? I have a Schnoodle that needs to run! the chihuahuas are not the outdoorsy types, but Zoe....omg!

Amanda said...

It looks really nice....but a little too cold for my taste.

Anonymous said...

Kelly---------Boy!!!!!!!!! I got the feeling on the way home after seeing you.

Anonymous said...

Kenzie-So far your guesses are right on. Kelly- great pictures!
Love, Jill

Unknown said...

Bailey would hate me if he found out what a dead-beat-dog-mom I am compared to you.
You are brave to go out in the cold like that.
Love the pics of the sky, by the way.
And thanks for Friday. That was fun!

Unknown said...

Bailey would hate me if he found out what a dead-beat-dog-mom I am compared to you.
You are brave to go out in the cold like that.
Love the pics of the sky, by the way.
And thanks for Friday. That was fun!

Anna said...

Kelly, what park do you guys go to???